The music for your wedding is one of the most important elements. Your guests will likely forget many moments of the day, but a very good (or very bad) will be the talk of your friends and family. So how do you make sure that you dance happily ever after?
- Know your needs. Do you need a DJ or a DJ and an MC? Will you need someone for the ceremony or only the reception?
- Review prospective DJs’ website. This will give you an idea of your DJ’s style, experience, and client experience.
- Meet with prospective DJs before committing. There is a lot to be said for chemistry, but of course as an engaged couple you know that. Chemistry is also important when it comes to choosing your DJ, make sure that you choose someone with whom it is easy to communicate.
- Don’t be afraid to express yourself. Now is not the time to be demure. Say what you mean and mean what you say to ensure that you get exactly what you want.
- Be as specific as possible. It is more helpful to say that you are interested in mostly Bachata as opposed to saying that you would like Latin Music. You may not know the exact songs that you want, but as much instruction as you can give the DJ the better things will flow.
- Let the DJ know what NOT to play. Even if you do not have a list of songs you know you want to play, there is no doubt a list of songs you know you do not want to hear. Make sure that the DJ knows this because it can help him to better understand your musical tastes, and avoid playing similar songs as well.
Good luck on your pursuit!